2. Scott Burns, a syndicated personal finance columnist who writes a weekly column that gets published in 83 American newspapers is writing an article about my book. He’s going to help me promote it, with his article’s release in mid November. As one of the five most widely read finance columnists in the U.S., Scott Burns has a keen following. And I’m thrilled that he’s enthusiastically endorsing my book.
3. Assetbuilder, the financial service company in the U.S. that creates indexed accounts for its clients has asked me to write for them…alongside Scott Burns. Could a newly published personal finance writer hope for anything better than this? I want to extend a big thank you to Assetbuilder’s CEO, Kennon Grose.
4. Warren Buffett has announced that Berkshire Hathaway may repurchase its shares on the open market. Since 1965 (when Buffett became chairman) they have never done this before, but Buffett probably views the shares as underpriced as I did, when I wrote this blog entry.
5. On a personal note, nine hours from now I’ll have an appointment with my oncologist who is going to tell me that my latest MRI results came back looking great. I’m a “glass half-full” kind of guy, as you can tell.
6. Hug someone you love today, and tell them how you feel about them. Even if we live well into our 80s or 90s, not all of our loved ones will.
Life is a bloody short trip, but it’s one hell of a ride. Enjoy it, my friends!